Saturday, 29 August 2009

I'm a people person, but......

Food update: hungry. Lots of rice involved. Mince and pasta tonight - not spag bol because tomatoes ran out days ago. Noodles tomorrow me thinks. I hate instant noodles. 

Anyway, I like to think I have some tact, I like to think I have atleast some social skills. Some people however, do not or very seldom use them. There are two kinds of social-skillless people - those who have never learnt them (parenting, some sort of illness or maybe they just wanted to toe the line)  and those who fail to put them into practice. In the latter case they make me feel somewhat good about myself. 

Situation: at gig at nice bar. Female xxxxxxxxxxx (Weasel knows them, and no that isn't the right amout of x's - I will not make that mistake) was taking photos of the preformer. Insted of saying hello or making polite small talk which is one is inclined to do when they know each other but not that well they said "are you f---ing drunk?".  This is not something I would say. And i especially hope it wasn't like a "because I am too" question because she had a camera and a flash unit which if broken would make my heart cry blood. 

I digress, then there was other departmental female xxxxxxxxxx (again incorrect x numbers) that told me I should go to the night in question in the first place. On arrival a young man pauses to photograph me, in which she runs in to grab me and pose. And fails to aknowledge me again...the whole night. When one encourages someone to attend something it may be common (or prehaps not?) to make atleast social chit-chat with them? 

Or am I prehaps wrong and very old fashioned? I have come to the conclusion that i need to be meaner. In the case of some people I do not struggle to do this, I think I may have to extend it to all humanity. Failing that open my own Miss Erica-May manners school which i shall rule over with a gloved fist. 

Which? You decide

No comments: