Sunday, 30 August 2009

Granny's Girl

Today, as I ate cheap and nasty noodles, I overheard this in the student lunch room (3 students sitting around eating lunch)

"I don't know how i'm going to keep living at xxxxxx (apartment complex) next year since my grandma won't be paying my rent anymore" (As she tucked into a takeaway)

That really ground my gears. A certain song comes to mind. Can you guess? Uh-uh. Why don't you get a job?

There are two ways have more money. It's not rocket science.

1. Make MORE money - sell your kidneys, sell your kids. Get a job. I don't care what you do, we may have somewhat of a recession, but Mc Donolds is always hiring.

2. Spend less money - ditch the takeaway, you didn't need it, trust me. Ditch your pricey apartment style living, from memory that complex over $200 bucks a week, not counting food and parking costs. Rents here are pretty cheap by compairson. You can get a pretty decent room for $70 - 100 here.

In ode to stupid girl I've composed the top 5 ways to get more money:

1. According to 20/20 there are actually people that think they're vampires, right here on our fair shores. Find them, blood for money.

2. Sell your stuff. People love random crap. Fruit shaped like celebs? You're on to a winner.

3. Drug testing. There are advertisments for this in the news all the time and I've even found them on student job search. They tested LSD on volunteers , who know you might be on to something. The flip side of that is get people to pay you for clean urine to be used for drug tests they may have to take. Workplaces, gyms, you'll be rolling in it.

4. Get sent to prison. This may not do wonders for your future career prospects but hey! it reduces your living expenses and you can even study in prison.

5. Personal complement. Low self-esteem. Why not hire a poor student. Your bum looks great in that! That cream bun will not go straight to your thighs.

No comments: