Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Blogworthy news

Well, recently I became a mother. If you just started rushing out to get cards and gifts by all means keep rushing (especially the gifts). BUT it was to a baby rabbit.

Some of the responsibilities are the same - cleaning, caring, cuddling et al. However, I was slightly confused when the man of the house arrived home with a form he was made to sign before taking bunny home. It's a rabbit, I used to breed them. Back in the day you could just buy one, then transport it home. No forms, no signing nessasary.

When has made me wonder, why do parents get away so easily? I'm pretty sure the hospital doesn't screeds of paper for parents to sign.

Lets try it, really lets. Because some people quite frankly shouldn't be able to keep children.
It's just sick. Children aren't pets, they aren't to be kept in cages not should they be subjected to treatments you wouldn't subject your dog to.

I grab one of my friendly local newspapers (Otago Daily + Southland times) and there it is - a pregnant woman who beat her son so badly he had internal ear bruising. She's complaining because she has 6 kids to a fomer husband and pregant to another person. Well here's a thought..

Keep your legs closed next time.

Also on my regular news check stuff.co.nz - the headline Doped-up mum’s road picnic with kids
Doped up on valium? 2 children, On methadone programme since 1995, really good mix.

"She sat down to eat with the children on the median strip, causing concerned McDonald's staff to call the police."

And then there's the other recent case of a German girl, who according to a tip-off may have been locked up for 9 years.

I'm no supernanny, but locking your kids away? You may have some things to learn.

So everyone, you may rest safe at night knowing that I have legally agreed to care for my pet correctly. Pity some parents didn't get the memo.

http://tiny.cc/2hRnd
http://tiny.cc/ZKceF

No comments: