Tuesday, 15 September 2009

I've got the mad skills

I don’t need to impress any men. I've got one, and even then he's easily impressed.
"Your features are nicely arranged on your face"
But there's one I really want to impress.


My tutor.

Before you say eww and run off to make a sexual harassment claim on his behalf , stop! It's not in that way.

I want to impress him with my mad shorthand skills. I've been taking rather alot recently and I think he'd be really proud. I don't know about passing to the super crazy 97% but I'm better than the average bear. [It helps having opposeable thumbs] I've used so much shorthand he'll be sending a department email out about me, instead of those make-me-want-to-sick-in-my-mouth cert students.

You'll see. He wasn't half bad today when we had our weekly meeting. Usually he alternates between making me teary and getting along with me quite well. And what makes it worse, he has the elusive gift of the gab.
Futher updates to come.

2 comments:

One Fine Weasel said...

write more soon please!

Amber G. said...

hi -- i don't know you, but I was rearranging some stuff on my blog today and ran across your info on my followers; needless to say, my curiosity was piqued and I hopped over to your blog... which I ended up reading from start to finish (or, I suppose from finish to start since I started at the most recent post and read backward ;-) Anyway, just had to drop you a comment to tell you what a fabulously talented writer you are. I was completely fascinated and entertained. You have a gift of seeing the irony and laughable in everyday life and writing about it in such a way that a reader is hooked. I'm hooked. You're going to go far as a journalist!!!

Cheers!
Amber G.